Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

configurable products + images + text

ronnie69

Total Posts:  28

Hi

I want to build a webshop with mugs. I suppose I need to use configurable products, as I’m planning to sell small, medium and large mugs, all available in different colors so people can choose what they want. Or is there a better method then using configurable products to do this?

Second, I also would like to build in the possibility for consumers to create and buy their own personalised mugs. For exemple, my webshop should have the built-in possibility for people to upload an image, or to send text or other content, so that I as webowner for instance can produce mugs for clients with their own chosen picture on it.

Is this standard in magento, or is there an extension for this? If not, I suppose this could be made by programming things. As I’m not an expert in these things, can anyone give me a solution or help me get started?

Thanks already.

Kind regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community