Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Anyway to keep URL casing (Camel Casing) when upgrading? 

sesecrets

Total Posts:  3

I’m upgrading my old 1.4x store to 1.7 but need to find a way to keep the current URL casing intact during the upgrade process.

Virtually all of my URLs are in the form of “domain.com/Category-Name” or “domain.com/Product-Name”. They have been this way since I imported the items from a different platform years ago. Because of the age, I would much rather not rever all the store URLs to lowercase.

I can easily hack the 1.7x code to keep it from automatically converting new items to lowercase, but my problem is that during the upgrade process, the upgrade/install script automatically converts all my current category & product URLs & keys to lowercase.

Does anyone know where in the upgrade/install code this is happening so I can avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community