Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add Category Meta Tags using SQL

IanRyan

Total Posts:  149

Can anyone tell me how I add category-level Meta Tags (i.e. Meta Title, Meta Description and Meta Keywords) using SQL.

My product catalogue comprises a very large number of categories and I do not particularly want to individually add the category Meta Tags one category at a time in the magento admin.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

I think I may have figured this out. I am running a multi-store setup on magento CE v1.7.0.2 and using a Flat Catalog. From what I gather the required SQL to update the category meta tags for a single store in my multi-store setup is as follows:-

UPDATE `catalog_category_flat_store_12SET `meta_description`=[my_desired_description],`meta_title`=[my_desired_title], `meta_keywords`=[my_desired_keywords]  WHERE `level` > 1

In this case `catalog_category_flat_store_12` is the flat category table for the store I am targeting i.e. store id 12.

I hope this is correct and that it may help someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

I have tried:-

UPDATE `catalog_category_flat_store_12SET `meta_description`=[my_desired_description],`meta_title`=[my_desired_title], `meta_keywords`=[my_desired_keywords]  WHERE `level` > 1

but while the catalog_category_flat_store_12 table is updated correctly the meta tags do not appear under the categories in the magento admin.

It would seem that the updates instead need to be applied to the catalog_category_entity_varchar. Any help with the required SQL would be much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community