Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I update an existing drop down option via XML-RPC interface? 

Doug Powell

Total Posts:  4

We have a solution for magento that imports data directly over the XML RPC interface.

Right now we have a new feature that will automatically add options to drop down menus. This works fine as long as there is only one store view.

A problem we have run into, is how to handle values in different store views, especially if these values are not being inserted simultaneously for all possible store views.

e.g. I export a product to magento, with the color “red”. This is added to the drop down. Later, I export the french version of the product. Therefore, “rouge” would have to be added to the specific store view of the menu option.

Unfortunately, magento XML-RPC / API interface only seems to support adding options, not updating existing ones. Is this true? And if so, is there another way to work around the problem?

(( http://www.magentocommerce.com/api/soap/catalog/catalogProductAttribute/product_attribute.addOption.html ))

Thanks,

Doug

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community