Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin base URL

jskoecher

Total Posts:  13

Hi there,

I did a fresh installation and I changed the “admin base URL” to YES and entered a nice URL with a / at the end.

Well, that was it for the admin panel. Now, the new URL does not work. The old admin panel doesn’t work either, because it jumps to the new URL, which doesn’t have any files. If I change the URL manually to the old I do see a very(!) basic admin site, just with links and no graphics. So I can actually navigate to the URL part, but cannot save the information!

That sucks… any helps would be appreciated.
Jochen.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

geoffT

Total Posts:  23

Same thing just happened to me.  Help, anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

usLEDsupply

Total Posts:  11

Same thing just happened to me?
Please Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco

Total Posts:  796

Are you running 1.3.1?

You can take a look at \magento\app\etc\local.xml file. In it you will find a section that looks like this:

<admin>
        <
routers>
            <
adminhtml>
                <
args>
                    <
frontName><![CDATA[admin]]></frontName>
                </
args>
            </
adminhtml>
        </
routers>
     </
admin>

The admin in [CDATA[admin]] is the path. You can edit this (for example remove any preceding or trailing slashes) to be whatever is appropriate for your site.

If rewrites are not enabled on your server you can get to admin via http://yourdomain.com/magento/index.php/admin <- where admin is what you have in the CDATA section above.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community