Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin disappears after installing extension

Taliesin

Total Posts:  7

OK, I have a weird new problem which I have never had before with Magento. I am currently using 1.7.

When I install an extension through Magento Connect (This part of the process works fine and it reports installation was successful etc) and I return to admin all I get on the admin side is a blank page with the header.

It did not affect the frontend and the shop itself seem unaffected ..

It was just the admin section that disappeared (Except for the header)

Help or advice anyone? smile

Thanks in advance… smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Taliesin

Total Posts:  7

Thanks for the advice.
But it did not help. :(
I still get the same thing happening.
I have attached a screenshot of what happens to my admin panel after I installed something using Magento Connect Manager.

However… If I click back in my browser (Firefox) and uninstall the app/whatever I just installed… my Admin panel comes back…

So I can get it back BUT it means that I cannot do upgrades to existing installations and I cannot get anything new from Magento connect.

So if there’s a developer out there who’s had similar happen to him or her.... Please help… smile

Thanks in advance… smile

Image Attachments
adminerror.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grooved

Total Posts:  1

I found the solution to this if anyone is still looking for it, disable \"compilation\" in system --> tools --> compilation. Seemed to work for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community