Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images not showing up in front or back end

betterbarcodes

Total Posts:  1

Hi all,

I’m having issues with images showing up as a header image. I want to put a custom logo as my header, but cant get my own images to show up despite them being in the correct folder. I am using the demo version, however don’t think that has anything to do with it. It’s only certain images that i cant get to work also. And there is no rhyme or reason as to why some work and some don’t.

I am also having problems with the “Simple Banners” extension (basically the same problem) but instead of choosing where the file is located i am picking one directly off my computer and uploading it. Its the same problem, no rhyme or reason as to why certain images wont work.

I feel like this might be a question with a simple solution, but i cant find anything about it anywhere online. I am very frustrated with this issue, and i want to get my website up and running. If this is going to be a problem that i cant fix, I wont be switching from the demo version to the regular version.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kdigennaro

Total Posts:  47

Hi betterbarcodes,
I think I can solve this issue for you. Could you supply some more information? Such as a url where we can see the issue live as well as the name of the hosting company you are using.

Something I would recommend double checking is your css image paths. Since style.css is located inside ../css/style.css all your images need to be called upon by adding ../ in front of the image. An example would be

background:url("images/banner.png");
but in this case with magento it needs to be
background:url("../images/banner.png");

Hope I can help!

Best Regards,
Kevin DiGennaro

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community