Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

For some users, the site does literally nothing…

joncloud

Total Posts:  13

Hey guys,

I have had only 2 people report this so far, and I am unable to replicate the problem, but they reported going to the home page and clicking around and they say the site does nothing. As if none of the links work. Clearly they work, as I can click around all day, and so can most other people.

Any idea what this may be? They haven’t given me much else to go on, other than it does nothing.

The site is a simple re-skin of the default template, so I have not changed any of the basic code other than what was needed to skin it.

Here’s the site. Any help would be most appreciated.

myhusbandishot.com

Thanks,
Jason

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Works fine in a real browser. Did you ask them what browsers they have? Or check Analytics to see which browser types log a 100% bounce rate on the landing pages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

It works fine for me in IE7, FF, Opera, Safari and Chrome.  I don’t have IE6 or worse.  It would be interesting to hear what browser they were using that caused this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joncloud

Thanks for testing guys. My hunch is that it some random old browser or something. Every looks fine to me. Just wish I could figure it out. If anyone else tests this and finds the problem I described, please let me know.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

KamuiGakuto

Total Posts:  4

By ‘it foes nothing’, do they mean that when they click on the links, it just sends them back to the index page? Cos that’s what’s happening to me when trying to browse your store.
Same thing goes for the store my friend set up about a week ago.
We did post requesting help here but no help was given, so I hope this thread would be of help to us too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

There’s not much people can do without you guys posting browser stats. It’s pretty obvious that’s it so why not ring those people or get your httpd logs out and just dig out the answer?

@Kamui why don’t you tell us what browser it was with?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joncloud

KamuiGakuto - 13 February 2009 06:33 AM

By ‘it foes nothing’, do they mean that when they click on the links, it just sends them back to the index page? Cos that’s what’s happening to me when trying to browse your store.
Same thing goes for the store my friend set up about a week ago.
We did post requesting help here but no help was given, so I hope this thread would be of help to us too.

What browser/OS are you using?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joncloud

@JT

I went through my Google Analytics stats looking for a culprit. It looks like the greatest bounce rate comes from Internet Explorer, with Windows. But since that’s what the majority of users are using, that makes sense. I’m not a super awesome analyst, so I don’t really know how to zero in on a problem. But I will keep at it.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

KamuiGakuto

Total Posts:  4

Funny. I tried clicking on ‘LogIn’ at MHIH in IE (FF is my default browser), and I was brought to the login page, but when i tried clicking on it (or any other links) again, its back to the index page.

If I remember correctly, I managed to view the login page on my friend’s site once (on FF), and that’s it.
Same thing happened. Clicking any of the links just brings me back to the index page.
Thing is, it’s working for others, but not the two of us.

As for the OS, I’m using Windows XP Pro.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community