Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Need to allow purchase of samples - Anyone know of an extension that can do this? 

arkv

Total Posts:  3

In my store I use volume pricing and most of my items have a minimum order requirement of say 30 or more items (many are personalized so its cost prohibitive to do smaller quantities). 

But many customers want to see a sample of what the item looks like before they order a larger quantity.  So for these products I need to keep the minimum of 30 in place, but also allow the option to purchase just \\\"1\\\".  So the cart rule would require the quantity to be either 30+, or 1. 

Any ideas on how I can make that happen or would I need something custom written for that?

Thank you!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

arkv

bump - any ideas on how I can do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roshanlal

Total Posts:  33
india

I don’t remember exactly but there is option under inventory section:

Enable Qty Increments & Qty Increments

Did you try this

Magento Community
Magento Community

arkv

Yes that will work for the quantity increments, but that is not what I am needing.  Some of the products are sold in bulk, so lets say someone has to buy at least 20 of them.  But we will also allow a sample to be purchased.  So I need to allow the product to be ordered either as a quantity of 20 or more pieces, or it will also allow someone to purchase just “1”.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community