Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

OsCommerce Import Tool Drive me crazy Help please

refraim

Total Posts:  19

I’ve tried and tried again and again(maybe 50 times) I get nothing!
in the oscommerce tools:

Create under default website

Website Code - base

Timezone - eastern new york

Database Connection Charset - UF8

Database Data Charset - Latin1

I checked CATEGORY and PRODUCTS for import

I click start running and the popup window I get:
Starting profile execution, please wait…
Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data
Categories processed 0% 0/20 records
Waiting FOR EVER and nothing is happening
I would like to import 20 categories and about 600 products

For me to migrate to Magento I will need to import all my product!
what is wrong with the tool??

Is someone out there can help me PLEASE!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

If you had searched here and the bugs, you would have found it’s broken since the latest Magento version update. There are attempts at work-arounds but no proper results yet, so it seems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

refraim

Ok, is there another way to migrate from the oscommerce DB? and bipassi the tool?and if there is how can I fine the procedure for doing so?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

Yes, you can make your own complex XML based import/export schedules. No tutorials for it that I’ve seen so you’re a bit out on your own.

When I first looked at Magento, with a view to move 5 osC shops over, I quickly decided a manual transfer, product by product, would be best. It’s about the same number of products as you so yes, it’s a long-winded pain but with Magento’s cool features, it deserves some extra attention to make the most of it. If you just import from osC and do nothing more, you won’t be taking advantage of any of the great features such as attributes etc. You may as well stick with osComemrce IMO.

I’m now nearly done, having made attribute sets, attributes, tier pricing etc. all the stuff osC couldn’t do. Yes, it took ages but the end result will be 1000 times better than a quick and dirty import. Now it can do without much attention for another couple of years.

Based on my experience, 600 products at 20 minutes each to do them properly takes you 200 hours. Work at it 10 hours a day and you’re done in 3 weeks. Add another week for other stuff and you could be over in a month. Well worth the effort.

I just have to import customers and orders, something I luckily pre-prepared at the time the osCommerce import tool still worked with 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

refraim

I luckily pre-prepared at the time the osCommerce import tool still worked with 1.1.8.

is the tools work with v1.1.8?
and if so can i import categories, products,customer and orders ??
and then update to the lates 1.2.1 ?? and all the data from the migration will be there?
if this it the only way to use the tool I have no problem to delete 1.2.1 and install 1.1.8
what do you think?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

Yes, that should work OK. I upgraded on every available version with Diff from 1.1.8 now to 1.2.1 so you should be OK with that strategy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

refraim

I’m going to try it, ill let you know
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

refraim

Installed 1.1.8 everything was ok,
Then I install oscommerce tool - ok
I created profile - ok
Then when I click on run and then “Edit osCommerce Profile :” I click on check requirements nothing happen it does not procede to the setup.
Looks like there is another bugs I can’t make this tool works
I starting to get disgusted with the whole magento project I’m spending too much time.
Any help or comments will be appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZAP

Total Posts:  14

Some sort of import tool/method would really be helpful. I expect that I could create a CSV or XML file and do it, but given that the data is already in a database with standard indexed tables this seems like a clunky and inefficient way to go about it. Is there another method that people have found to work with v.1.2.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashish96

Total Posts:  63
Gujarat, India

i m trying to import osCommerce database into magento,
using extension provided by magento core team,
but i m not getting anything,, it freezes on the importing page....
any idea???

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nicolas Justiniano

Total Posts:  5

Hey, this worked for me:

Replace “app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php” by the last version, and the bug of “0%” is resolved for customers, orders and categories, should be fine and working. Download the last version from these sites:
version 1.4.x
http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.4-trunk/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php

version 1.3x
http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.3-trunk/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php

but if you want to do the hard way, search around the line no. 139 and change for this:
---
new Ajax.Request(”’ . $this->getUrl(’*/*/batchFinish’, array(’id’ => $importModel->getId())) .’”, {
parameters: {form_key: \\’’.Mage::getSingleton(’core/session’)->getFormKey().’\\’}, // THE NEW LINE BRO
onComplete: function() {
----

If this goes wrong, then you should check you php.ini and do some changes in the memory, search in the forum about that

Magento Community
Magento Community

microchest

Total Posts:  1

Will this work with importing from CRE Loaded OsC to Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Grut

Total Posts:  164
Ukraine

I suggest all of you to take a look at Cart2Cart. This is automated shopping cart migration service which allows to move store\’s data from one shopping cart to different one. Currently, Cart2Cart supports 24 most popular shopping carts among them osCommerce, CRE Loaded, Zen Cart, X-Cart and more.
With this service you save your time and solve your migration issue at once!

http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento-deluxe

Total Posts:  15
Berlin

for me this helped to start running:
/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php Row 161:

method: “post”

change it to:

method: “get”,

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevanicus

Total Posts:  7

Nicolas Justiniano - 17 March 2010 02:00 AM

Hey, this worked for me:

Replace “app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php” by the last version, and the bug of “0%” is resolved for customers, orders and categories, should be fine and working. Download the last version from these sites:
version 1.4.x
http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.4-trunk/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php

version 1.3x
http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.3-trunk/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php

but if you want to do the hard way, search around the line no. 139 and change for this:
---
new Ajax.Request(”’ . $this->getUrl(’*/*/batchFinish’, array(’id’ => $importModel->getId())) .’”, {
parameters: {form_key: \\’’.Mage::getSingleton(’core/session’)->getFormKey().’\\’}, // THE NEW LINE BRO
onComplete: function() {
----

If this goes wrong, then you should check you php.ini and do some changes in the memory, search in the forum about that

this worked for (for those who get 0% on import) - if anyone needs the run file, heres a copy of mine

File Attachments
Run.php  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 98)

Magento Community
Magento Community

aceflex

Total Posts:  2

This did it for me. Changing POST to GET actually made it work on 1.7.0.2, installed on 1/17/13.

Thank you!

magento-deluxe - 25 August 2010 07:11 AM

for me this helped to start running:
/app/code/core/Mage/Oscommerce/Block/Adminhtml/Import/Run.php Row 161:

method: “post”

change it to:

method: “get”,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community