Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento very slow with highend server

NafeX

Total Posts:  47

i have a very big problem with my magento installation. we have purchased a big dedicated server for our magento shop because i read here that magento is an enterprise shop that needs an enterprise server…
now magento ist too slow with this server too. i think this must be a configuration problem, and i need your help to make it faster.

our server:
2 x Quad-Core AMD Opteronâ„¢ 2352 (2 x 4 x 2,1 GHz)
16 GB RAM
3 x 750 GB HW-RAID 5
openSUSE 10.3 with Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0 (64-Bit)

our shop:
www.iittala-webshop.de

takes 32 secounds to show 209 items: http://www.iittala-webshop.de/produkte/speisen.html?limit=all

i tried APC.
mysql query cache is on
var/chache folder is on tmpfs

please help…
and thank you very much

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

12 of them load in 3.1 seconds (UK based) and 20 in 4.1 seconds. That’s not bad at all.

You’ve not gzipped your content. Uncomment the relevant parts mod-deflate) form the htaccess to instantly get a further boost. Can also try Fooman Speedster Module to combine CSS etc.

Half of the page size is JavaScript. Do you really need all these tricks?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NafeX

Total Posts:  47

thank you very much for your help. how can i check if mod-deflate is active and working right?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community