Magento Forum

Can you help me find the .phmtl code that contains this code? (Left bar - category menu)

kdigennaro

Total Posts:  47

Hey guys,
I have been trying to find the template file that contains the following code. I have chased path hints and all have been a dead end for me. It seems that it’s the default navigation for the category menu on the left. Here is a snippet of the code.

<ul id="sidebar-nav-menu">
<
li class="level0 nav-1 first" style="margin-left: 0px;">
<
li class="level0 nav-2 parent" style="margin-left: 0px;">
<
a href="http://digennarodesigns.com/FPSproducts/index.php/products/exploding-targets.html">
<
ul class="level0" expanded="" style="margin-left: 5px; padding-left: 10px;">
</
li>
<
li class="level0 nav-3 last" style="margin-left: 0px;">
</
ul>
</
div>

And here is the live link the the page where the code is located. It is the left side bar. Live Link

I am continuing to search but I lack the knowledge to figure out where this file is located right now.

Thanks for any help,
Kevin DiGennaro

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

This isn’t default Magento. I’m assuming you’re using a pre-built theme which would have the blocks listed in the layout xml file. Depending on what page the left column is used on, depends on what xml file the block declaration would be in.

For example, if the left column is viewable from the category page, you would look for:

(Change package and theme to your theme’s package and theme name)
app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/layout/catalog.xml

If the left column is viewable from CMS pages you would look for:
app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/layout/cms.xml

These xml files won’t hold the specific html that you are looking for but would instead most likely have a block calling to a phtml file somewhere in:

app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/template/

Unfortunately, I can’t help much more than this without knowing what theme you’re using. If it’s free I don’t mind installing it locally and searching for the specific html (assuming it’s not modified theme code....)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdigennaro

Total Posts:  47

Lyons CG - 19 March 2013 07:21 AM

This isn’t default Magento. I’m assuming you’re using a pre-built theme which would have the blocks listed in the layout xml file. Depending on what page the left column is used on, depends on what xml file the block declaration would be in.

For example, if the left column is viewable from the category page, you would look for:

(Change package and theme to your theme’s package and theme name)
app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/layout/catalog.xml

If the left column is viewable from CMS pages you would look for:
app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/layout/cms.xml

These xml files won’t hold the specific html that you are looking for but would instead most likely have a block calling to a phtml file somewhere in:

app/design/frontend/PACKAGE/THEME/template/

Unfortunately, I can’t help much more than this without knowing what theme you’re using. If it’s free I don’t mind installing it locally and searching for the specific html (assuming it’s not modified theme code....)

Thank you very much for your reply! That is good to know that it isn’t default magento which explains why I can’t find it in the usual hiding spots… lol. The name of the extension is Sidebar Navigation Menu Professional and it is a free extension. If you could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. I will continue to look with the new information you provided.

Thank you!
Kevin DiGennaro

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community