Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Handle 1000+ products and stay reliable and fast? 

Raul Guichard

Total Posts:  18

Hi, I hope somebody can help me. I wanna know if magento can handle a lot of products, and I mean a lot, like thousands of products and still process everything fast, and stay reliable? Does it have something to do with the server it is installed on ?

Please help me, Thanks in advance.

Raul Guichard

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Raul Guichard

Total Posts:  18

So that means I should get a dedicated server right? In wich hosting company you have your site? And what is your site, just want to take a look at it, and Thanks for your help. appreciated

Magento Community
Magento Community

cbsteven

Total Posts:  73

I chose dedicated hosting with GlowHost for my upcoming site, which will have 30,000 products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.d

Total Posts:  103

I have 10,000 products on the SimpleHelix $20 plan and speed has never been an issue. It’s not a real high-traffic site though, maybe 50 unique visits/day.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community