Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Birthday module

bv02peu

Total Posts:  4

Hello to all advanced magento developers.

I’m trying to make a simple module that will display in the backend all paying customers that have their birthday in the next 10 days.
It sounds simple enough but unfortunately I’m just a newbie with magento so any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
I did try with no luck to find something similar here on the forrum and I’ve also tried to find some good tutorials on google, but all seem way to advanced for me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TreInnova
Guru

Total Posts:  465
Fano

bv02peu - 17 March 2013 03:32 AM

Hello to all advanced magento developers.

I’m trying to make a simple module that will display in the backend all paying customers that have their birthday in the next 10 days.
It sounds simple enough but unfortunately I’m just a newbie with magento so any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
I did try with no luck to find something similar here on the forrum and I’ve also tried to find some good tutorials on google, but all seem way to advanced for me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi,
you should create a module and play with collection.
This is a good point to start :
1) i have attatched a complete module we use for our courses
2) magento wiki Collection
3) a developer guide
regards
Filippo

File Attachments
Magento-Extension-Developers-Guide-v1.0.pdf  (File Size: 1542KB - Downloads: 53)
Magentostudy_News.zip  (File Size: 34KB - Downloads: 36)

Magento Community
Magento Community

bv02peu

Total Posts:  4

Thank you TreInnova for your answer.
I`ll let you know how it goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community