Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to hack in my own code

Micah_GT

Total Posts:  22

Hey all,

I’ve been setting up my new store for a few months and most of the customization has been confined to my own theme, however, there are some issues I had to address by changing the code--namely a Google Checkout bug and customizing the PDF printouts to use US LETTER instead of A4.

My questions is, does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can setup a system which will allow me to still upgrade Magento and check for these modified files being changed in the new code? SVN or CVS perhaps? Has anyone tried these?

Right now I have a test file I manually maintain with a list of the files I’ve modified and why I did. Then I back them up and use diff to see if the magento upgrade has changed these files. If it has not, I can simply copy them back over.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community