Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

B2B platform

chris0609

Total Posts:  16

hi,

we plan to create a b2b platform with the following features

- Force Login on platform to acces the website/store

- Select products to display based on customer profile (group of customers)

- Use Template based on customer profile (group of customers)

- Pricing based on customer profile (group of customers)

Is it possible on the of Magento’s current version or these features need specific and complicated development ?

Is there any plan to have a professional b2b version of magento in a near future ?

thanks for ur help

chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

Hi Chris,

Everything you ask for is not out of the box.  But there are extensions within the MagentoConnect portion of the website that can get you where you need to go.  Realize that you are early days and that anything you use as a workaround today, may be available later as out of the box functionality.

There are extensions to

* force login prior to seeing the store, as well as allowing the admin to approve username access.
* filter products and product categories based on customer group
* there is also an extension to filter payment type based on customer group

I don’t know about templating based on customer group.

Price rules based on customer group is out of the box, but I’m not sure if you can price an item specifically from the item maintenance page based on customer group.

You can also have different stores which might allow more fine grained segmentation of end-user audience.

A lot of this relies on customer groups, which are limited at this point.  A customer can only belong to one group at a time.  So you cannot have overlapping customer group functionality. 

I have seen no specific interest expressed by Varien for two distinct versions of the product, rather there will be only one version and it will be flexible enough to work for a large variety of use-cases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

The last 3 of your 4 wishes can easily be done with separate Stores. That plus the one login extension and you’re all set.

So rather than thinking of customer groups, you just give them a separate Store and split them that way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris0609

Thanks to all for your quick answers.....

J.T.  : If I make on webstore per customer’s company (i.d. customer group) :

- Will I be able to have a common user database for all the stores ?

- Can I manage acces to these webstores per user ?

- Can I have users who will be able to acces multiple webstore (ex resellers) ?

Thx

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

- Yes, it’s a setting option

- Not enforceable out of the box, extensions seem to exist to accomplish this

- Yes, by default they all can unless you, as above, add some moderation/access control extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris0609

Thanks J.T… one more question....

I would like to know if there is an out of the box functionality which allow you to have mandatory options on an Item that will change his price on selection :

For example if we sell envelope and have a dropdown box to choose the size (A3,B5,A4,...) , we want to have a price per size of envelope and this price should be automatically displayed on the item when users select size ? also is it possible to have multiple options and so “option1 x option2 x ... x option n” possible prices for an item ?

Thanks

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

Yes, that’s called “Custom Options” or if you need to have unique SKUs for all options, you can achieve the same with Configurable Items. It’s all built in and ready for you to use.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris0609

Thanks… with Configurable Items, is it also possible to change the image displayed when the user change the option ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

London-ish, UK

No but this will give you a starting point: http://www.magentocommerce.com/module/893/color-swatches

You may not need colours but instead of clicking a colour you can make them click a small “A4” icon and have the image change accordingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community