Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

custom attribute label : using admin label instead of store view label

Yan Sanchez

Total Posts:  11
Poitiers

Hi everyone.

I’m not sure that my current problem is a bug, so I prefer to report it first.

I have created an attribute “my_attribute” for products. This attribute is a multiple choices selector (with, of course, multiple values) ; I use the attribute editor to give it differents labels : “attribute_default” for the admin label, and “attribute” for my store view. I also defined this attribute with “Use In Layered Navigation” = “Filterable (with results)”, to use it in the layered navigation . I added this attribute in a specific attribute set, we will call “my_attribute_set”.

I created a category “my_category”, with is_anchor = 1. I added a product to that category, with the attribute set “my_attribute_set”, and I gave some value to my_attribute.

So when I saw the category view on frontend, I had the filter block, with a specific filter for my_attribute, with the label “attribute”. Nice.

But now, I want to override the layer view block (Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_View). In the config.xml of my module, I write :

<blocks>
   <
catalog>
      <
rewrite>
         <
layer_view>Namespace_Mymodule_Block_Layer_View</layer_view>
      </
rewrite>
   </
catalog>
</
blocks>

Of course, Namespace_Mymodule_Block_Layer_View extends Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_View. The override functions well, but when I come back to my category view page, the label of my attribute changes : it use the admin label “attribute_default” , not the store view one ! I modified any method from Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_View.

I have already searched for this problem in the bug tracking ; I have found some similar problems, but it seems to be fixed in the last version of Magento (v1.2.1).

May it be linked with something I forgot to modify ? Is that a bug ? Someone has also the same problem ?

Thanks,

Yan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community