Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Be brutally honest

sammiecat

Total Posts:  1

I friend of mine recommended Magneto for my ecommerce website.

I took a look at the features, etc and I feel very intimidated. I don’t have a programming background, know very little HTML and have only used Frontpage to do sites.

Is this way over my head??  ohh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Magento is not exactly user friendly or easy to learn. It takes a long time to understand everything - that being said, it’s not impossible smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

AdamJH

Total Posts:  25
Canada

I think you’ll be fine as long as you have the right hosting, and are prepared to learn. You will of course need to learn a little photoshop or graphic design to switch the banners etc on the site. You can always ask questions in here, and if you don’t find an answer just forward it my way, and I’ll do my best to help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Weezers Gifts

Total Posts:  71
PA

I’ll be honest, I have used other e-commerce packages in the past and yes Magento is in a league of it’s own, but like everyone said if you are willing to learn then you will do just fine.  I had to pretty much learn all over again with Magento as it is much different, but MUCH MUCH better then the others I have tried.  I am not a pro by far with Magento as I wanted to hurry up and get the site up, but now it is up and I can start learning the templating now and learn to customize it to my needs.  As Adam said, you can always ask questions.  There is so much support here in these forums.  You can probably learn alot by searching for things as well.  THats pretty much how I learned it.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your project. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community