Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change direction to RTL from LTR when switch another language

nemreen

Total Posts:  3

Hi all ,
I installed Magento CMS and created 2 store view to show my store on multi languages one of these language use RTL direction i need to do some modifications and change some CSS attribute from LTR to RTL when user change language , on other words when user change language to Arabic the theme direction and align change to RTL , i think is there a way to select sytle.css change upon my language ??
any help please
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fahadmgk

Total Posts:  0

else me i want change it direction to RTL
i use Arabic language

anyone help please

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikSwapna

Total Posts:  97

Hello,

If you want to change direction from “left to right” to “right to left” then you need to add dir="rtl" in your layout update page.
Edit following link:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>” lang="<?php echo $this->getLang() ?>” dir="rtl">
under your page layout file. Below you can find the file path.
app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/template/page/1column.phtml
also made changes in 2column-right.phtml , 2column-left.phtml, 3column.phtml.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community