Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicated Simple Products won’t show as option on front end for configurable products

hez

Total Posts:  103

Hi,

The only way I’ve been able to get configurable product options to work is to manually create each simple item.  If I use the ‘Duplicate’ button the item won’t show up in the drop down box on the front end.

I have made sure that everything is enabled, that the inventory settings are correct, it’s allocated to a store and categories - in other words, I’ve triple, quadruple checked that all of the options in the new duplicated one are the same as the original and still no luck.

Hoping that someone has found a work around for this issue as it’s a real pain to have to manually create every single simple item.

Many Thanks,
Heather

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joanna

Total Posts:  16

Actually those duplicated simple products do appear on the front end, but it requires a lot more effort as you need to enable that duplicated product in each store separately - it isn’t enough to do it on default level.

In other words, go to your duplicated simple product page, select one of your stores in “Choose Store View:” dropdown in top left corner, wait for the page to reload and then edit whatever you want and enable the product. Repeat the same for every other store you want the product to be visible in.

I hope that’s clear enough. If you have any further questions or problems, feel free to post them here or PM me.

Have fun,
Joanna

Magento Community
Magento Community

hez

Total Posts:  103

Thanks Joanna!

Would you believe I just finished setting up all my configurable products! lol

Will be great for future though until the setting up of simple products is integrated within the configurable products.

smile
Hez

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community