Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Screens Completely Blank

prolificind

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
We’ve been using Post Affiliate Pro and the Post Affiliate Pro Connect just fine for several months.  Recently we started having issues.  Affiliate orders are no longer being picked up and logged in PAP.  Also, when logging into Magento and navigating to the “Sales -> Affiliate Orders” or “Sales -> Connect Affiliate to Order” menus in Magento, those screens are completely blank (except for the normal Magento navigation). 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

I can\’t say for sure, but here are some things I\’d check:
- Try clearing your cache. All sorts of issues sometimes go away when you do this.
- Make sure that the username/password in the configuration matches the admin login for PAP. If you changed the login, things might break.
- If you updated PAP, you may also need to update the API file. See http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/197113/#t253614 for details.

If none of the above works, is there anything interesting that you\’ve done on your store or site recently?

Magento Community
Magento Community

prolificind

Hi,
I think we might have updated login information for PAP.  I’m not entirely sure what you mean by these two items:

- Try clearing your cache. All sorts of issues sometimes go away when you do this.  (which cache, is it “flush cache storage”, “flush Magento Cache”, etc)
- Make sure that the username/password in the configuration matches the admin login for PAP. If you changed the login, things might break. (Is this in the API file or somewhere else?)

Could you clarify?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

prolificind - 14 March 2013 02:32 PM

I think we might have updated login information for PAP.

OK, Please make sure this is correct first then. All of those screens need to communicate with PAP in order to load, and they do that via the API, which requires your PAP username/password in order to work. If the username/password are incorrect, the behavior is undefined.

- Try clearing your cache. All sorts of issues sometimes go away when you do this.  (which cache, is it “flush cache storage”, “flush Magento Cache”, etc)

Whenever I see any issue in Magento I usually start by flushing everything. No sense looking for a bug in the code until you know for sure that it isn’t a cache issue.

- Make sure that the username/password in the configuration matches the admin login for PAP. If you changed the login, things might break. (Is this in the API file or somewhere else?)

This is in the Magento admin area. System->Configuration->Post Affiliate Pro

Magento Community
Magento Community

prolificind

Alright, so I did the three things you suggested and I still have the same issue (blank screen).  I don’t think that anything has changed in Magento since we’ve installed PAP Connector a few months back. 

Any other ideas, should I try reinstalling PAP Connector?  If so, how do I uninstall it?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

You could try re-uploading the files. No need to uninstall anything. Also make sure that the role permissions are set properly.

If you did anything with the PAP installation, please make sure that all the settings are correct in Magento, including the location of PAP.

Can you also please provide the name of the site where you are having a problem? I’ll peek at the tracking script in the frontend and see if I notice anything interesting there. Since you say tracking isn’t working, there’s a good chance I’ll be able to tell from there what the problem might be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prolificind

I appreciate your help. 

I\’m using the hosted version of PAP, not sure if that matters at all.  The website is http://www.tirmassagestone.com

I\’m sorry, how do I check the role permissions? 

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prolificind

Hi,
I figured out the role permissions, those seem to be correct.  Would you be able to provide full instructions on installation since after it’s installed the instructions that appear within Notifications in Magento go away?  Maybe if I follow those and make sure all pieces are in place that will help me figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

prolificind

Sorry to be a nuisance.  I’m still having issues.  I think I would like to just uninstall and reinstall at this point.  Can you tell me how I go about doing that?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community