Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error: Unable to generate sitemap

arthur_scholten

Total Posts:  19

Hi,

I have a fresh 1.7 magento installation with AW blog and some additions. I\\\’m trying to generate a sitemap.
Pushing the generate button results in the error:\\\"Unable to generate sitemap\\\”.

The sitemap itself also has an error: This page contains the following errors: error on line 2 at column 8404: Extra content at the end of the document. Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error....

The sitemap doesn\\\’t stay empty. All product links are there, but all AW blog articles are missing.
The sitemap isn\\\’t closed with </urlset> When I manually add this to the sitemap.xml, the error disappears, but still no AW blog articles.

Disableing AW blog did not remove the error.
I looked in /www/app/code/community/AW/Blog/Model/sitemp.php and did a test.

Removing alle *generate sitemap \\\"paragraphs did result in an empty sitemap.xml, but with the error about the end of the doc.

It looks like something breaks in
the function Mage::dispatchEvent(\\\’sitemap_add_xml_block_to_the_end\\\’, array(\\\’sitemap_object\\\’ => $this));
Or in function protected function fileCreate() {
Or in function protected function fileClose() {
Or in function public function sitemapFileAddLine($xml) {

But i cann\\\’t figure it out.

Could someone help please?

kind regards
Arthur

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

arthur_scholten

Total Posts:  19

Found the solution:

First solution: The numbering off the articles of AW blog was not continues and skiped a number. A manually renumbered the artibled in the AW_blog DB table.

Second: Some articles had a selection of both a specified store view and all store’s (look in the BE in the article).

Third: Some articles where did not have a category selected.

After these corrections, teh sitemap was able to be generated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kenzoo

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for this solution.

I had a similiar problem.

2 Store-Views - delele one of this Views and after this point the sitemap stops generation.

Look into AW_blog DB tables and saw that some posts are the store_id i had deleted. Change this and all fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community