Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[SOLVED] Search not working after upgrade to 1.2.1

captainmish

Total Posts:  6

Hello
I have just upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2.1, and it seemed to go smoothly. After checking everything worked, it seems that the one thing not working is the search function. It will still go to a page with “Search results for {searchterm}”, but the results will be empty every time.

I have tried to go into Cache management, and Click “rebuild” on the search index (no confirmation when clicking, does it normally give a message?).

Can anyone suggest where to start looking on this?
Cheers,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Did you empty the var/cache folder?

Magento Community
Magento Community

captainmish

Total Posts:  6

Cheers for the quick response JT, i tried a number of ways to get around this (ended up using the pear cli), clearing var/cache was what did the trick to get the broken admin interface back smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community