Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento asks for Flash Player when attempting to inserting picture text

johankw

Total Posts:  1

I hope someone can help me with this issue.
Since a few weeks I am not able anymore to insert pictures in a page (not upload picture in product page, that is working fine). After selecting the uploaded picture for insert the system asks for Flash Player.But this Flash Player is installed ! I have removed and reinstalled Flash Player, both in Internet Explorer and in Google Chrome. When moving the cursor to any picture I want to insert in the left lower corner the following appears: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash. I assume this action is not correct. Can anyone help me?  It is much appreciated

Image Attachments
screenshots insert image.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tulp

Total Posts:  1

I have exactly the same problem.
I tried in chrome and Firefox on a Mac.

No solution so far?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SolsWebdesign

Total Posts:  18
Moergestel, the Netherlands

Hi johankw,
I can see in your picture that you are using the Dutch translations. Have a look at this post:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/306004/

Basically there is a mistake in the app/locale/nl_NL/Mage_Media.csv
and in line 3 it says this:

"This content requires last version of Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>","Deze inhoud vereist de nieuwste versie van Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>"

There is a space in the </a> which is then translated into <!-- a --> (probably the editor does this) and so everything gets wrapped in a get-adobe-link. So remove the line all together or remove the spaces from within the </a> tags and your problems will be solved!

Important: clear all cache, log out and close all browsers your working in before you retry.
Happy coding!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sannisinas

Total Posts:  67

haha that one space is doing this, finally found a solution. THANKS a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community