Magento Forum

Search filter fails to work at all while trying to add Associated Products to a configurable product

abijah

Total Posts:  130

The search filter works fine on the “manage products” page, but fails to work at all in the configurable products area when trying to add “associated products”.

I’m running Magento 1.1.6. Any ideas as to what’s wrong?

Here is a screencast example of my problem that I captured with Jing. (which is an awesome tool by the way, and free)
http://screencast.com/t/VeSeW5jok
As you can see the search filter isn’t working at all.

PLEASE HELP!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

Any ideas why the Search By Example filter only works to pull up certain products, and not others? Oh, look at that. Now it’s just stopped working all-together.

I’ve now sunk a few thousands dollars worth of time into Magento and the damn search by example doesn’t even work while creating a configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

I’m now offering money at MagLance.com to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

I’m going to keep this alive. Still having trouble getting the Search By Example (search filter) in the admin area to work when I’m associating simple product to a configurable product. please, any help with this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

This issue has been eclipsed by the fact that my Magento installation has mysteriously decided that it no longer knows where to find my design (css, etc.) files. Somehow Magento is re-writing it’s own code, as I haven’t touched it, and has screwed up it’s paths It thinks it’s running on a local host and all the navigation links are set to “local host” (not my server), and I’ve lost the path to the css. Sometimes I get a pop-up message saying “This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.” Here is a screen cast of my magento install when I woke up this morning. http://screencast.com/t/dM4bJJQfnXb

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

For no apparent reason the site seems to be working again. However, I don’t know how long this will last. Still looking for help with the issue of the Search by Example (filter) not working while attempting to associate products within a configurable product

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

It stopped working just as fast as it started. No explanation.

I’m still looking for help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don’t have $1,000/yr to spend on Magento’s support service. These forums are all I have.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

Ok, I’ve got the site working now, except the Search by Example functionality while creating configurable products. The search wont find anything!

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

Here’s screecast of my problem with Search By Example (Search Filter) working everywhere else, except in the configurable product page when I’m trying to associate products. http://screencast.com/t/ix6v0wJ1B

It’s amazing. Why would the search function work everywhere else, except on one page?

Check it out. It’s ridiculous. http://screencast.com/t/ix6v0wJ1B

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

checked out your screencast - wierd

I can only assume that it is not registering the Any (from Any - yes - no)

does the Yes work?
what about upgrading?

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

The Yes does not work. I’ve tried all of that. I’m going to upgrade I think. However, do you happen to know of the database for 1.1.6 is compatible with 1.2.1 ?? I hope I don’t have any ‘issues’ on upgrade!!!

Thanks for the response.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

liotropi… what is the Any - Yes - NO option for anyway?

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

I just noticed that if i have that first selection/drop down set to “Any” and the box above it is checked, then it will automatically uncheck itself when I hit the search button. What is this all about???

Do you suggest an upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

if it is set to yes - it shows you only the associated products
when you set it to any - it should show any product

the box above is to select all shown products

upgrades, usually solve some problems but unfortunately may create others

Magento Community
Magento Community

abijah

I don’t have much of a choice at this point. I can’t figure it out and I’ve been testing different fixes for 4 days. If an upgrade doesn’t work, I have to go over to os commerce or something.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community