Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I want to add a “product specifications” section like the description, a “model”, “upc” and “distributor” & “distributor product number” for every pro

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

I know it has something to do with attributes.  I assume that model, upc, distributor & distprodnumber is probably going to be set in attributes but can anyone give me some basic directions, because I feel like I’m a total idiot when it comes to understanding attributes.  I am getting everything else pretty well, but I can’t even figure out how to specify mfg’s within the attributes.

Lastly, I think that the “product specifications” section can be a tab like the description and tags.  it will be just like the long description section and needs to be searchable.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community