Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sql data flow

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

Is there any idea about how to insert our sql command through magento ?

What I do now is to add new table and insert new eav_entity_type row and there is no way to execute the sql command manually. I don’t want to create table or insert new row at phpmyadmin. Can magento does it ?

Any suggestion will be great, thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

resonance

Total Posts:  62

Please explain a little more exactly what you are doing. I’m not certain what it is you are trying to do, so I can’t offer advice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

I am doing a new step of checkout, and new a new table for it also a new entity for eav_entity_type table. Just because I need to save the information to sales_quote and sales_order then I think that I need it.

I want a clean hack, just it....

thanks…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

I would probably consider doing that with the “module creator” which gives you some pre-defined patterns.

The trick is that because of the EAV model, you cannot do direct sql excect for some tables (eg, eav_attribute_option_value).
More prcisely, you can… but it is a nightmare and you would be in a better situation if using the standrad methods

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community