Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.3.2.4 to 1.7

intensity

Total Posts:  48

I really hate posting another 1.3 to 1.7 upgrade thread, but I’ve spent days trying to get this work on a copy or our production store and it’s just killing me.  I have been able to do a full complete upgrade to 1.7 on a stock 1.3.2.4 store, working through the numerous errors that are typically found to what I believe is a fully functional 1.7

I have been following this excellent guide making sure to upgrade the database through the command line.

http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/

A few things I’ve done in my upgrade workflow not mentioned in the article but I’ve seen elsewhere.
* Uninstall all plugins
* Since I’m on a MAMP environment I’ve made sure there are no quaranteen problems with the downloaded files using

xattr --d com.apple.quarantine file-path
* I’ve done a diff using FileMerge between Schema dumps from a stock 1.3.2.4 install and my production; there are no missing tables in my production db copy.

When upgrading the production copy I get two errors that I think are significant.

1. When upgrading to 1.4 I get

User Notice: The method getLanguageTranslationList is deprecated. Use getTranslationList(’language’, en_US) instead in /Users/jonathanryan/Sites/promountainsports.com/lib/Zend/Locale.php on line 611

.  After going through some of the code I decided to continue the upgrade process to 1.7.  Re-examing the 1.7 code there are no references to the deprecated method so I’m assuming that I was right in continuing the upgrade.  Am I correct?

2. When upgrading from 1.4 to 1.7 and upgrading the database from the command line I get this: “base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘core_variable’ already exists” Based on some other threads the suggestion has been to rename the upgrade file listed in the error and to proceed.  Inevitably though I get to a point where there is a non duplication error, such as “Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘additional_attribute_table’ in ‘field list’”.

When upgrading doing the db upgrades by the command line what could be the reasons for these errors and what is the correct way to work through this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ChuckR

Total Posts:  9

I can not help you out in this case however, if nothing else works you can do the following (it worked for me once I failed to upgrade Magento)
- make the fresh installation of Magento 1.7
- backup your data (just in case)
- migrate your database to a new Magento store ( you can use http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com)
- close your old store or implement redirects
This is how you’ll be sure that you will not break your current store and will establish a new store on latest Magento version. Seems quite amateur way, but it works bette than Magento upgrade feature
Good luck

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community