Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Load/locate transactional e-mail templates? 

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

I was watching the transactional e-mail templates screencast, and I noticed how many templates were apparently pre-installed. On my installation of the default design, there is only a single one in the list, “Send product to a friend.”

Did we botch the install? Are the transactional e-mails in a separate download that needs to be loaded? Are they theme-dependent and the default theme only uses one?

Is there a list somewhere of all the e-mail templates available?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

The english email templates are already installed, but to modify them, you have to load them into System -> Transactional Emails and then assign them in the configuration.

In System -> Transactional Emails, click Add New Template. Then, from the template drop-down, select the template you want to modify and click Load Template. Now, you may modify the contents and save the template. The “Send product to a friend” template has already been added as an example. After creating the template, go to System -> Configuration and choose your new template in the appropriate section. All the templates for sales email can be assigned from the Sales Emails section.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

Thanks, Anders. Wow, that’s a lot of templates in that list!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community