Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1 Product, multiple color and size attributes

pfilias

Total Posts:  22

Good day everyone!

As I’m developing a store, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to have 1 product, say, a T-Shirt, that is offered in various colors and sizes. I don’t want to have to have multiple products for this, rather 1. Can someone lay out the steps to make this happen?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

Hi there. The way to do this is with Configurable Products. You can make global attributes for all the things that vary and then the customer can choose them on the product page.

However in our case we have decided to just list multicolored items as separate products and to have a category page above them that functions as the overall “product” page. When you use configurable products, you can’t really attractively present the product variations in an organized fashion (without doing a lot of custom development, at least). You just have a popup menu and then the photos up top in the product description area, in a grid.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pfilias

Total Posts:  22

balero - 09 February 2009 07:50 AM

Hi there. The way to do this is with Configurable Products. You can make global attributes for all the things that vary and then the customer can choose them on the product page.

However in our case we have decided to just list multicolored items as separate products and to have a category page above them that functions as the overall “product” page. When you use configurable products, you can’t really attractively present the product variations in an organized fashion (without doing a lot of custom development, at least). You just have a popup menu and then the photos up top in the product description area, in a grid.

I’m going through the sample data to see where you set up an item to be configurable, the way the Zolof T-Shirt is, but can’t seem to find where they set it up to choose size first then color.

Magento Community
Magento Community

balero

Total Posts:  170
埼玉県所沢市

The product type is “configurable,” not “simple.” The attributes in question need to have certain characteristics, like Global and Dropdown menu selection, for instance. Otherwise they won’t even show. When you create the configurable product, qualifying attributes are displayed, and you check the ones you want users to be able to choose from.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lendelbogdan

Total Posts:  1

I had same problem. I had one brand of ring in sizes 6, 7, 8, 9. GO HERE http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/tutorial-creating-a-grouped-product.

So they way you do it is:
1. Create new simple product as you would do it regularly for RING size 6.
2. Save. Click duplicate.
3. Change size names and sku to size 7 in duplicated screen.
5. Repeat duplication for size 8 and 9.
6. Create grouped product. Dont use any size numbers. Just the brand name.
7. In Associated Products search for your products and mark check boxes.
8. Add quantity for each size. Make sure to click category on left menu and choose where it will be in your site menu.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

I dont think, he is asking about how to create Grouped Products..

He is about Multiple options in a product smile

quote author="lendelbogdan" date="1256202129"]I had same problem. I had one brand of ring in sizes 6, 7, 8, 9. GO HERE http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/tutorial-creating-a-grouped-product.

So they way you do it is:
1. Create new simple product as you would do it regularly for RING size 6.
2. Save. Click duplicate.
3. Change size names and sku to size 7 in duplicated screen.
5. Repeat duplication for size 8 and 9.
6. Create grouped product. Dont use any size numbers. Just the brand name.
7. In Associated Products search for your products and mark check boxes.
8. Add quantity for each size. Make sure to click category on left menu and choose where it will be in your site menu.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community