Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

too slow

coldlamper

Total Posts:  35
NC, USA

Using Magento 1.2.0.  To add/modify/delete products in magento is way too slow.  Even using the magento functions to add a product manually is slow.

using this code from the magento wiki takes over a second for one product

try {
$newProduct = Mage::getModel(’catalog/product’);
$newProduct->setStoreId(’default’)
->setCategoryIds($category_id)
->setAttributeSetId(1)
->setPrice($price)
->setSku($sku)
->setName($product)
->setManufacturer($manufacturer_id)
->save();

echo ‘OK Product ID: ‘.$newProduct->getId() . “\n”;
}
catch (Mage_Core_Exception $e) {
echo $e->getMessage();
}
catch (Exception $e) {
echo $e;
}

Is there anyway to add a product quicker.  I have stores with 12000 products which can and do change everyday day.
Even at 1 product a second it would take 4 hours.  It actually does about 1 every 2 sec.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

coldlamper

Total Posts:  35
NC, USA

I updated to the newest version of magento which is currently 1.2.1 as of this post.  Now the script runs and adds/updates about 4-5 products a second.  So updating 12000+ products takes under an hour.  Not super fast, but a big improvement.
Thanks for the updates and fixes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pfilias

Total Posts:  22

That’s great to hear that they are improving performance as new releases his the streets.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robinson08

Total Posts:  5

I have upgraded to v 1.2.1 and it takes over 9 seconds to load the home page.  My site is www.HealthyPetOasis.com.  Using Firefox and Firebug, I see that it takes 6.5 seconds just to GET the domain or page and then there is a 404 error with my Google Analytics.  I have read through all the threads and enabled cache, but to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don’t know how to install eAccelerator as people have suggested that. 

I plan on launching another site, but most likely will not use Magento cart for this major flaw is a serious concern.

If I were a visitor, I would not wait 9 seconds for a page to load, I would move on to the next search result or whatever.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

My client is complaining about Magento functioning slowly, what would everyone suggest is the best way to speed it up?

Im currently on V1.1.6.

Is there a big difference in speed between my version and the latest release?

would changing my host make much difference or is it simply the codeing of Magento that makes it slow?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community