Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

In manage products, the “inventory” tab is blank

sam327

Total Posts:  8

In the Dashboard, when I go to Manage Products, on the individual products, the “Inventory” tab is blank.

When I look at the page code for this control panel page, there’s nothing inside the div:

<div style="" id="product_info_tabs_inventory_content"></div>

So whatever’s supposed to be loading the inventory page is failing. All the other tabs are showing content correctly.

I’m using Magento Community 1.7.0.2.  I’ve got a couple plugins, but they’re not related to the inventory (e.g. one’s for mailing list, another’s for gift cards)

Is there a particular piece of code I should be looking at to fix this?

I’ve cleared the caches, indexes, and rebuilt the compilation (and turned it off).

Image Attachments
magento blank inventory screen.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sam327

Some additional information:

I’ve got a separate development environment, in which I wasn’t experiencing this issue.

So I copied my database from the broken site to the dev one, and now the dev site is having the same problem. Leading me to believe this is a database related issue.

A user had input a whole lot of data (products and images) over the last couple days. Is it possible that adding new data may have caused this to break?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

It is possible that you have corrupt data. I would suggest you clear your system and exception logs and then refresh the product config page and hit the inventory tab. Check to see if anything is written to those logs (found in: var/log).

I’m leaning toward this being an issue with SQL. Maybe a duplicate entry or something along those lines.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sam327

Well, I got it working.

I’ve got a gift-card plugin installed. Disabling it fixes the system. (I disabled all the plugins, and then turned them back on one at a time until it broke again.)

The funny part is that I’d installed the plugin a while ago, and everything was fine. So it was some other, more recent change to the system caused it to go rogue. Still doing some research to figure out exactly where that went bad. I suspect that there was a recent update that overwrote or conflicts. Will hunt through the log files to look for a specific item, but at least my site development can now continue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt looby

Total Posts:  2

I had exactly the same issue and it also turned out to be a gift card module that was conflicting. Again the Gift Card module had been installed for a number of months but then we also installed a onestepcheckout module which I initially thought was causing the issue. Removed the onestepcheckout module but problem was still occuring. I then disabled the gift card module and this fixed the problem. You can do this by editing the module XML file in app/etc/modules and setting the <active> tag to be false as below

<config>
    <
modules>
        <
Magestore_Giftvoucher>
            <
active>false</active>
            <
codePool>local</codePool>
        </
Magestore_Giftvoucher>
    </
modules>
</
config>

in this particular case the offending module was Magestore Gift Voucher

Magento Community
Magento Community

SMatt

Total Posts:  3

matt looby - 20 September 2013 12:37 AM

I had exactly the same issue and it also turned out to be a gift card module that was conflicting. Again the Gift Card module had been installed for a number of months but then we also installed a onestepcheckout module which I initially thought was causing the issue. Removed the onestepcheckout module but problem was still occuring. I then disabled the gift card module and this fixed the problem. You can do this by editing the module XML file in app/etc/modules and setting the <active> tag to be false as below

<config>
    <
modules>
        <
Magestore_Giftvoucher>
            <
active>false</active>
            <
codePool>local</codePool>
        </
Magestore_Giftvoucher>
    </
modules>
</
config>

in this particular case the offending module was Magestore Gift Voucher

So, my site is suffering the same problem with the same module, and another fun symptom is that it loses the product name from the invoices tab.  Getting rid solves it all, however I’ve paid $130 for this so I don’t want to give up without a fight.

Has anyone got a solution to make this extension work nicely with others?

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt looby

Total Posts:  2

I would contact the developer, Magestore, as their support is very good. I recently used the GiftCard extension and had a few issues with it clashing with the Sagepay Payment Module which they fixed within 24 hours

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community