Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

More options in Shipping

lmtwashington

Total Posts:  3

Options needed for ecommerce site, using multiple vendors to fulfill orders:
1. Calculate shipping based on shipping location (vendor-dropship). There are a couple of apps developed, but they\’re lacking in some areas.
2. Calculate shipping based on accurate number of boxes being shipped. When multiple cartons are being shipped, the total weight isn\’t relevant. UPS and FedEx calculate based on a per-carton basis. Needed is the ability to set a product with a max qty/carton, and then calculate the cost of shipping each carton and then totaling the shipping cost (Realtime).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

We have an extension that allows to split shipping by warehouses. Each warehouse has its own shipping origin. You can find more information related to the module here: http://innoexts.com/promotion/multi-warehouse/

Magento Community
Magento Community

lmtwashington

We have an extension that allows to split shipping by warehouses. Each warehouse has its own shipping origin. You can find more information related to the module here: http://innoexts.com/promotion/multi-warehouse/

@innoexts:While I appreciate your announcement, your extension does not do what I stated I’m looking for, does it? If you are able to develop this for me, then please reply to this thread so we can further discuss cost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

Total Posts:  105

Hey, check out
http://www.webshopapps.com/us/featured-us/dimensional-shipping.html
I just bought that extension for my store. you can set box sizes, you can tell it which products have multiple shipping boxes. and you can tell it which products need to be shipped separately. And it will automatically calculate shipping based on that It works with UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
It has really helped out my store as we sell large items that don’t weigh all that much so we needed to charge dimensional weight.
Give it a look over, sounds like it can help you out too

Magento Community
Magento Community

lmtwashington

@bayers064: Thanks! That was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I’d been emailing webshopapps for days with no luck. Was fortunate that they were online for a chat today!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bayers064

Total Posts:  105

Glad it can help someone else too. That extensions has saved us tremendously on shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello, you can also have a look at this extension http://amasty.com/shipping-table-rates.html. It differs from the one you’ve mentioned but it still useful for similar purposes. The extension features include:

- Specific rates for a product or a group of products
- Rates based on product type, e.g. for extra large, toxic items
- Flat and percent rates; quantity and weight-based rates, etc.
- Import and manual editing of shipping rates

So you’ll be able to assign different shipping rates for particular types of products: fragile, extra large items, the ones located in this or that warehouse and so on. This way you’ll provide correct rates for all products and not lose money on shipping some of them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community