Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store keeps loading custom theme even if value is changed in magento admin settings

Sara123

Total Posts:  6

I took over this Magento project recently that has one store and two store views. When checking the settings in the admin panel the english store has “package” set to default, but nothing is set for “theme”. As I understand, this should make the store display using the default theme.

However this is not the case.When I turn on template path hints, it shows that the store keeps loading the custom theme “mysite_en”.
I tried setting the theme to “mysite_fr” in the backend but still only the english theme is loaded.

Could there be somewhere else where this is configured? I need to change the applied theme and the backend is not helping!

This is the design folder structure:

design
|--frontend
|
|--base
|
|--mysite_en
|--mysite_fr

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

You need to install package “default” for your first Store View, and you need to install the theme “mysite_en “ also for the first Store View.
You need to install package “default” and the theme “mysite_fr” for your second Store View.
The themes will be switched depending on at what store you will be.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community