Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout issues (Magento 1.2.0.1 store using PayPal Payments Pro)

contractor.resource

Total Posts:  6

Recently had a problem processing a transaction (I’m using PayPal Website Payments Pro integrated with a Magento 1.2.0.1 store).  In a nutshell, a customer purchased a product (we sell books), completed the checkout process and, after clicking to finalize the transaction, they were redirected back to a page containing their still-full shopping cart, instead of the “thank you” page they should have been redirected to.  Customer was registered as a “guest.”

On the backend, I received a “Payment Transaction Failed Reminder” message from the store indicating “credit card mismatch with credit card type” as the reason for the failure.  I was able to chat with the customer to confirm they, indeed, entered the credit card information (number, card type, etc...) correctly.  To complicate matters, the transaction went through and was processed normally by PayPal.  I tried to replicate the problem but couldn’t (when I entered a mismatched credit card / number combination the validation in the checkout process prevented me from proceeding until the issue was fixed).

We’ve had the store up and running for a month or so and this exact same situation has happened on at least 3 occasions.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  If so, how did you fix it?

Any help or advice would be sincerely appreciated.

UPDATE (Feb 09)....problem still occurring, now with greater regularity.  Last three transactions (different locations, different credit card types) have all experienced this problem.  If anyone has any thoughts whatsoever, I would be happy to hear them.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

conticreative

Total Posts:  38

I am having the very same problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community