Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Call to a member function getCollection() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sitemap/Grid.php on line 47

cyclist

Total Posts:  9

Hi all,
I am trying to create a google site map, but the page is not fully loading. I am getting this error
Call to a member function getCollection() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Sitemap/Grid.php on line 47

After I click on the add site map button, I get a server 500 error and the error is
Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/SitemapController.php on line 99

Any ideas what may be going on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Towering Media

Total Posts:  77
Seattle, WA

I found the same exact issue on a clients website, I found that there is a conflict with an ipsitemap extension. I went into the app/etc/modules and changed the xml file to Ip_Sitemap.xml.bak and the google sitemap started working. I hope that helps you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community