Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

shopping cart stays in demo store theme

doopsuikerenco

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I recently started developing my webshop with Magento.
I bought a theme on themeforest.net, the theme name is ‘Sheets’. Most of it works, except for a few minor things and one major problem. When I go to the shopping cart, it is still in the Magento Demo store look. Even the Magento logo and everything is still there.

I contacted the theme developer and they told me that it is a permissions problem but they will not solve it without charging me.

Can anyone help me?
Just so you know, the HTML things are like chinese to me, so I might need a little more explanation than most grin

Thanks!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

Are you able to post a link to the site or send a private message with the URL? I’m curious to see what the header structure looks like.

Magento Community
Magento Community

doopsuikerenco

Hi,

the URL is http://www.doopsuikerenco.be

When I check the page source, I find following URL:
“http://www.doopsuike...y/css/reset.css”
The data for the checkout page come from the contemporary files instead of sheets. I was able to change the logo, but I don’t know which of the other files I need to adjust. And that’s not really the ideal solution, the files should come from the sheets folder…

Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

So you’re using two themes.

I’m wondering what theme is set to the store. Go to System->Configuration->(left col)Design and make sure “sheets” is in all fields for the theme except in the default slot, make sure that field is still set to “default”.

Also, make sure the package is “default”. If anything had to be changed, clear your cache before looking at the frontend.

If this is all correct (you didn’t have to change anything), then my next question is, did you modify any of the layout.xml files? More specifically, the checkout.xml file?

Magento Community
Magento Community

doopsuikerenco

Just to be clear, I am only using one theme. I don’t know why or how the files from the other theme are being used in the checkout page, but the entire website is in the “Sheets” theme.

In the Design box, “Sheets” is set in all 5 fields for theme, and in the package field it is still set to “default”.

So, I didin’t change anything....

I didn’t modify any files. I wouldn’t know how to do so and I don’t know where I would find the checkout.xml file.... The only thing I did was unzip the files when I bought the theme and copy them into the “Sheets” folder in File Zilla.

Like I said, I don’t know much about the technical part of the whole thing. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community