Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

API insert category with custom ID

Blagomir

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I`m using SOAP API v2 to insert categories in my store.

As I have external software for shop stock availability where I manage categories (names, translations, images).

I need category_id from my stock software to be the same as the ID from magento store category table. This is because on next update, if I have changed something in my stock database, related to categories, the same to be changed on magento store database.

How can I do this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Blagomir

Total Posts:  2

As nobody replied in time and this was urgent, I made something else. I`m writing it here just for the next person in need of the same.

I created a separate database where I save relations between my database`s ID and magento`s database ID. On the next update, I just check this table and if it exists, I update the category. If not, I create new category.

Hope this helps someone.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community