Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“How did you hear about us?” on Checkout register page

Karl456

Total Posts:  28

Hello,

I’ve followed this guide: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/72012/

And it’s all working fine on the Create Account page, I’ve then added the input field on to the Checkout Registration page and updated the database so that customer_form_attribute contains “checkout_register” for the attribute ID that I’m trying to use.

The problem is that the data isn’t being saved in the database, what am I missing?

Regards,
Karl

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ScommerceMage

Total Posts:  103
United Kingdom

Hi Karl,

Try the following module, this will resolve the problem

http://www.scommerce-mage.co.uk/magento-extensions/magento-where-did-you-hear-about-us.html

This allows customers to select “where did you hear about us?” option during checkout, this gets saved against order.

Here are the main features of this module-:

- Where did you hear about us dropdown comes during checkout?

- Dropdown list can be managed via admin under system -> configuration -> customers -> customer configuration

- Also comes with “others” option in dropdown which allows customers to add free text.

- This information stored against order which can be viewed against order in admin.

- Dropdown list also appears when you create phone orders from admin.

Kind Regards
Scommerce Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

This functionality can be achieved with customization.

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community