Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

my cart wont check out or anything.  Java issue? Im not sure. 

avintel

Total Posts:  147
Southern California

I have java installed in my computer.  im not sure it is always running cause sometimes I get the little java icon in my system tray and sometimes i don’t.  but My checkout page is not working on my computer.

can someone visit my page and see what they think before I keep going.  I am just testing and figuring out stuff with magento since I am a long time zencart store owner.

www.avintel.com/shop

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Yes, something is buggered. Don’t get any checkout buttons and when I click the top right checkout link, it’s all dodgy too. I’d re-install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Southern California

is there any other way other then doing a complete reinstall?

I used simple scripts to install Magento automatically.

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Southern California

This problem has come up again.  this is crazy.  the checkout button just disappeared.  Please help.  jt said to reinstall but this can’t possbily be the only solution.  I have done NO major changes.  is it a permissions issue? if so, what file specifically. .js or .php or what? and where is that file located?  I am pretty sure that all necessary .js files have 644 permissions.  please help.

please take a quick look and add something to cart and proceed to checkout and you will see that there is no way to do anything.

www.avintel.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

avintel

Southern California

I just started a new topic for this issue

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/34065/

Magento Community
Magento Community