Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Magento & Quickbooks Point of Sale Integration?

Southwind

Total Posts:  1

I’ve been researching eCommerce solutions to build an online store for my small business and we use Quickbooks Point of Sale at the register to check everything out/keep inventory count. This leads me to wonder, can Magento synchronize/integrate with Quickbooks PoS?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joeg-premiere

You should think long and hard about trying to get these two pieces of software to work together.  After six months of wrestling with T-HUB I can quite honestly say it’s a not the solution you’re looking for. 

First of all T-HUB is buggy.  Say for instance you flag 80 or so products to upload to the website.  T-HUB obviously needs to store those 80 products internally, right?  It should be able to tell you those products have already been uploaded to the web database and update the inventory numbers for those products.  T-HUB does not do a good job of this at all.  On top of that, it lets you reset the internal database that tracks products in the web database which makes zero sense to me.  It also never seems to consistently calculate the number of products stored in QuickBooks.  I’ve restarted the T-HUB three times in a row before and saw the total product count be different each time.

The process for doing all the different tasks T-HUB is responsible is poorly designed.  Button’s aren’t labeled, sometimes buttons work and other times they do not, different screens show different results for the products that already exist on the website.  It’s a trainwreck, and frustrating due to the cost.

As I’ve said above, T-HUB is a poorly written piece of software, it’s confusing, and doesn’t always work like it’s supposed to.  Trying to get support from Atandra is just met with requests for us to buy another support plan.  When the piece of software still doesn’t even work like its’s supposed to after a year, I see no point paying more money for support.  Being a software developer myself I can tell the talent level at Atandra is low.

If anybody has any other ideas for getting Magento and QuickBooks POS to work together, please let me know.  We like both but T-HUB is just not reliable enough to get the job done.  We’re trying to locate POS software that can better integrate with Magento right now as we’re doing inventory and in a prime position to do an internal POS system overhaul.

Thanks
Joe

Magento Community
Magento Community

mano1192

Total Posts:  50

Hi- I am wondering the same, has there been any further development with either T-hub or another software that integrates POS and Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Take a look at eCC from Webgility: http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1202/ecc-quickbooks-integration-for-magento

Thanks,

Parag

Magento Community
Magento Community

roniehalrone

Total Posts:  3

Quickbook is a real world for me too. QuickBooks Point of Sale software saves your time and trouble of doing it yourself, making it easier to focus on the products and service that will keep your customers coming back.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spiegeldg

Total Posts:  4
Los Angeles, CA

We’ve had great success with Webgility’s “ecc” app for QuickBooks POS Sync and Magento (http://www.webgility.com/).

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

I also use Webgility’s ECC module for integration with Quickbooks.  My business doesn’t require a POS , but it does everything I need to get orders from Magento to Quickbooks with a single “Post to Quickbooks” button.  The support staff is excellent.  I just wish their yearly support / updates plan wasn’t the same price as the actual software.  I would suggest giving Webgility a try.  I believe they still have a 15 day trial.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry4

Total Posts:  44
India

hi friends

I am also looking to choose one extension out of 2 for my store.

And checked reviews for both extensions And I found positive reviews for Webgility’s ECC.

It seems simple as compare to t-hub. I am doing my research for this and I will update soon about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry4

Total Posts:  44
India

Hi friends

I am also looking to choose 1 out of 2 options,, I found postive reviews for Webgility’s ECC. And from demo it seems simple as compared to T-HUB. But I am still researching over it before making final decision.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron Peled

Total Posts:  18
Los Angeles

Hey Guys,

can anyone point me to the most popular web based or hosted POS system out there?

We already have a product that successfully integrates between Magento and POS but we are looking for additional POS systems to integrate with. Notice our integration includes catalog import/synch and real time inventory checks. We currently have stores that successfully sell online with over 10,000 barcodes.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SethAW

Total Posts:  10

The main issue that I have with the current integration modules is that they all pass the sales data through a 3rd party before the data actually reaches QuickBooks on my PC.  Call me strange, but I don’t feel that this should be the case.
Magento has the capabilities of exporting information if the fields are setup correctly.
I wouldn’t mind paying somebody (within reason) to come up with a data export module that took advantage of cron to automatically export the data at a specific time, or even a triggering mechanism so to speak that triggers the export of the data automatically when a sale takes place in Magento.
Paying a company to handle the sales taxes is one thing because they need that data.  A company that is simply charged with the task of being an intermediary to transfer data from Magento to QuickBooks seems completely unnecessary to me.

Anybody who has the knowledge to set something up using the Magento Data Export system to export data to QuickBooks, please feel free to contact me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adsmen

I don’t feel that this should be the case.
Magento has the capabilities of exporting information if the fields are setup correctly.
I wouldn’t mind paying somebody (within reason) to come up with a data export module that took advantage of cron to automatically export the data at a specific time, or even a triggering mechanism so to speak that triggers the export of the data automatically when a sale takes place in Magento.
- - - - - - - - - - -
discount true religion jeans

Magento Community
Magento Community

sboeconnect

Total Posts:  27
India

Hi,

We are really excited to launch our newest product to the Magento Market place ‘MagentoSyncAPI’. This packaged product will help to integrate Magento e-commerce storefront with any third party application like ERP/CRM/POS/Accounting Software, etc. which support SOAP and have a two way data communication.

Problem:- We all know that Magento provides a set of default Web Services APIs to exchange data with any third party application. But the fact is that for many e-commerce entities you will not get any defined APIs to support. For example:-

i.  Fetch Tax Class and Tax Codes from Magento
ii.  Get Parent and Child Shipping Methods List
iii.  Get Website List
iv.  Get Payment Methods of Magento
v.  Add/Update Configurable Products in Magento and many more…

Solution:- MagentoSyncAPI- On top of the default Magento Web Services APIs, you will get a set of 25 APIs which will serve all your needs to develop and establish a connection with any third party application.

Benefits:- You often come across many customers who have had a clear requirement of sync Magento Data with any back end software solution and you often need to do custom development on this which not only increases your resource involvement, but also the overall project cost.

So ‘MagentoSyncAPI’ will provide you all support on the Magento end to through and receive data from any third party software package at a most affordable price. This will definitely decrease the overall delivery time of your Integration Project and increase the customer satisfaction.

File Attachments
MagentoSyncAPI-Brochure.pdf  (File Size: 476KB - Downloads: 403)

Magento Community
Magento Community

saswatasinha

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I recently went through a product in the Magento market place called MagentoSyncAPI. It consists of a set of 24 custom build APIs with which you can connect your Magento to your Quick books.For further info :  http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/filter/community?query=magesyncapi

Thanks.

Saswata Sinha

Magento Community
Magento Community

dianneelittle

This is the market leader etc and if we can get through to people who are either responsible for or administer their company’s Salesforce.com implementation, we can usually have a meaningful conversation with them about integration.
Hcg Activator

Magento Community
Magento Community

webgility

Total Posts:  33
San Francisco, CA

Hello,

We recently released our latest eCC version, v3, which supports Magento Community and Enterprise with QuickBooks POS.

eCC integrates with your Magento store and QuickBooks POS, giving you a 2-way sync and matching customers, orders, and products.  You can download orders, generate shipping labels with major shipping processors (FedEx, UPS WorldShip, Endicia Dazzle and Stamps.com) and record and create sales receipts/invoices in QuickBooks POS.  You can also sync your product catalog, price and inventory between QuickBooks POS and Magento. 

Check eCC out at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/webgility/extension/1202/ecc-quickbooks-integration-for-magento

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at (877)753-5373. 

Thanks,
Brenda.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2