Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query

GuyGadbois

Total Posts:  10

I’m trying our site and when I open several tabs (or windows) with different pages it seems to be too much for MySQL and the site crashes with the following error: General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query.

Anyone have an idea why this happens?

This is an example of a report generated when this error occurs:

a:2:{i:0;s:81:"SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query";i:1;s:2714:"#0 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(457): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#3 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(258): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#4 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(687): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#5 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Design.php(165): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#6 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Design.php(44): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Design->loadChange('1', NULL)
#7 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App/Area.php(158): Mage_Core_Model_Design->loadChange('1')
#8 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App/Area.php(123): Mage_Core_Model_App_Area->_initDesign()
#9 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App/Area.php(91): Mage_Core_Model_App_Area->_loadPart('design')
#10 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(542): Mage_Core_Model_App_Area->load()
#11 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->loadArea('frontend')
#12 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Front/Action.php(45): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#13 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(356): Mage_Core_Controller_Front_Action->preDispatch()
#14 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#15 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#16 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#17 /home/userC/c0408800/public_html/____________.com/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#18 {main}"
;}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GuyGadbois

Total Posts:  10

Does anyone know if this is a hosting issue or any suggestion what I should try? I have disabled all extensions and the error occurs both in admin and on public pages.. Doesn’t seem to be related to any specific page/query, sometimes happens if I only open as few as 2 or 3 tabs at the same time. Pages loads aren’t slow or anything.. Could it be some sort of timeout variable in the MySQL-settings?

Any help appreciated!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community