Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stock Quantity / attribute

SDFANTINI

Total Posts:  30

Hi all, i’m evaluating Magento for selling Motorcicle Equipment in Italy. One of the “core” functionality that i’m looking for is : (i will try making an example)

i have a jacket with an unique SKU with multiple colors (eg. RED, BLUE, BLACK) each color have it’s own sizes (starting from XXS to XXL) and each size have it’s own stock quantity (eg i can have 1/XS 1/S 3/M 2/L for color BLUE and so on for each color)

so my “perfect” product will be :

FRONTEND
tha ability to have a UNIQUE product with multiple selection : 1st client choose COLOR then with a refresh on database Magento should let client see ONLY available sizes based on previous COLOR chosen

BACKEND
when creating this “perfect” product i would like to specify STOCK QUANTITY / size / color..

any suggestion will be usefull

thank you in advance
Simone

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Argon2000

Total Posts:  38

Yes we looking for something similar for a fashion store where we can run stock levels on line items per size and colour also if people like to pre order items . if some one has a solution or extension please let us know

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I think that you’re talking about configurable products.
Take a look at this implementarion: http://www.pruneshop.com/cintos/cinturon-de-cuero-con-hebilla-ovalada.html

If you want something like that, you need to read about configurable products.
Each configurable has a set of simple products grouped by some global attribute (color is just an example).

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community

SDFANTINI

Configurable Products is a feature that Magento Team did not test it in real life, i think. How can some one with a appareal store with 1000 products can only think to create 3 or 4 times the total amout of products??? i mean if i have a tshirt with 3 colours and each color have 4 available sizes i need to manually create in Magento 12 product. Then multiply 12 * 1000 tshirt = 12.000 manually created products. I wish i could only see Magento technicians at data entry!!!

so, Magento team, what we need is a “real” function to sell appareal with different colors, with different relative sizes AND very very important the ability to enter stock q.ty on sizes per color per product..

thank you
Simone

Magento Community
Magento Community

SDFANTINI

this is what i mean!!!

http://shop.jack-wolfskin.de/bekleidung/jacken?gender=32

it’s absolutly supreme!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

essque

Total Posts:  2

Hello, I’m wondering the best solution for this scenario.  For instance, I have a store featuring shoes with sizes 7-13.  How do I put in the quantity available for each size?

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Total Posts:  59

hi,

You might find useful this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10659 and this extension http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/772/verve-easysku.

Another option is to use bulk upload (data flow) for creating many simple products.

Hope it will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ottm

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

You can use configurable products for assigning sizes/color to product and make stock for such combination of products. Also you can look to few extensions which allow you manage products attributes on the fly right in the product grid to manage color-size-stock quicker - Advanced Admin Products Manager or only for stock management Stock Inventory Manager.

BR, Martin

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

This IMAGES AS CUSTOM OPTIONS extension provides a possibility to create any custom set of options, set individual prices and select images for each specific option you create; also the options can be interdependent based on the previous choice. Note that the script can be customized to meet your needs 100%.
Contact us for more information if interested.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community