Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 7
Feel free to report bugs! 

joanna

Total Posts:  16

Whenever you feel your problem may actually be a bug please do not hesitate to report it:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking

Don’t worry if it turns out not to be a bug, it’s always better to double-check everything than miss any issue.

Before you report a bug please consider the following:

1. There is a good chance the issue has been already reported with so many users reviewing the project. Because of this, it’s very important to check to determine if the issue is already reported before you submit it. Search for the issue and review the results. If it has been reported, please do not submit a duplicate. If you have any additional information to report on the issue, please submit a comment.

2. After you’ve verified that the issue has not been reported, visit the Report New Issue page
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/report/

Be as detailed and thorough as possible - give us a precise descripion of the steps taken, the expected action and the outcome result. Report what you expected to happen but didn’t occur. Don’t forget to mention the browser and Operating System you are running. Include screenshots, error messages, URL’s and in general, as much information as possible.

Please remember, we all want Magento to be as bug-free as possible. A detailed feedback related to your issue is the only way for us to be able to track and solve it fast.

Thank you for any help - it’s very much appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JikeSpingleton

Total Posts:  30

Why would we report bugs? You guys dont fix them in the first place, you just mark them as “Resolved” and move on with your life.

People are tired of reporting bugs that get ignored.

here is a proper triage list that you guys need to adopt. STOP ADDING NEW FEATURES! FIX THE BROKEN ONES YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!!:

Triage Order by, Wil Shiply of Delicious Monster, Inc.:

“In my personal pantheon of bugs, this report was triaged at the top. Roughly, my triage order is:

* Data-loss bugs
* Unavoidable crashers
* Functionality-blocking bugs
* Avoidable crashers
* Avoidable bugs
* Misfeatures
* Performance issues
* Feature suggestions
* UI feedback

This is, of course, a rough ordering: obviously if a customer is trying to publish a single item to her website and it’s taking a half hour, then I’m obviously going to bump that up the list over someone whose app crashes when she leans on the “a” key for a three hours in the “Actors” field. (For the record, neither of those are real bugs.)”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

Is this really true?

If it is, then Magento is totally useless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

45tom

Total Posts:  5

See for yourself the work that is done to resolve issues on the release notes - http://www.magentocommerce.com/download/release_notes

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the rant above.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

You guys dont fix them in the first place, you just mark them as “Resolved” and move on with your life.

Still remains…

... and until now no one from Varien has commented this thread nor the other one: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11895/

Magento Community
Magento Community

erict

Total Posts:  31

Removing a line in the Conditions tab while editing a shopping cart sales rule does not result in the Conditions tab being marked as edited.  Minor interface bug with the potential to cause lost configuration updates if people rely on those indicators when choosing between the Save and Back buttons.

Filed a bug report… so now that I’ve done my (small) part on company time, would it be possible for a dev or someone similarly familiar with Magento to answer my (small) question?  Buy x of one type, get x of another type free… possible or not, and if so, how?  PM or email would work fine, since this is off-topic; I wouldn’t post it here at all except that I’m pretty desperate to get this working…

Magento Community
Magento Community

JikeSpingleton

Total Posts:  30

Agent Mo - 15 July 2008 03:01 AM

You guys dont fix them in the first place, you just mark them as “Resolved” and move on with your life.

Still remains…

... and until now no one from Varien has commented this thread nor the other one: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11895/

Do a search in the bug tracker for “DataFlow"… look at all of the resolved issues… pretty much all of them are still major issues. It doesnt end there, but thats just an example.

Get Volusion, its worth the money and is even easier to theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

theazmi

Total Posts:  9

i think leaving aside the bug reporting feature someone needs to work on this forum module. I mean i do not know which CMS and forum software is being used by this site because the search functionality just sucks and i also think there are some serious caching issues on the site. I searched for a term “Newsletter” and it returned me some result, i go back to the same forum and search again and i do not get any search results. I do not want to be logging each and everything as a bug if someone has already provided a solution for that in the forums but unfortunately i am not getting much choice here.

Guys at Varien please look at the search functionality on this forum , i think it is broken.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davispaul

Total Posts:  1

I’m having issues with my SSL and checking out. Everytime I put my ssl in the configuration and click save config, it goes back to the http address instead of the https.  Although when I go to the site everything is HTTPS! When I try to check something out magento just sits and spins.  Any ideas? Check it: http://www.eosbrasil.com I would love for someone to do this for me! So if you are a programmer feel free to contact me!

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

andreladocruz
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Brazil

sirs…

we are having troubles with sessions…

we are running version 1.1.4.

My IP address now is 189.4.224.196 and there is some one connected as me on 200.211.216.68!

nobody knows my password!

I have opened an issue about this on bug trakcing....

regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

00christian00

Total Posts:  87

bugs reporting doesn’t work for version 1.1.5

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

Have to say I agree with some of the sadly more cynical views posted here.

Magento has some fatal silly flaws that prevent it being used by sellers with any level of infrastructure.  I’m sure its fine for guys selling from home, their basement our out the back of their shop, but for serious business, who need order reports to send to their delivery/dispatch departments, and who rely on SKU codes to run their business its not usable.

The configurable/simple SKU code problem was seemingly fixed and then removed again between 1.1.4 and 1.1.6 - apparantly this only worked in 1.1.5.  Further, there ability to do order reports is non existent.  So I agree somewhat with Jike - stop adding damn fancy features and fix the problems the software has currently.  Cheap remote cart solutions like RomanCart have better order reporting facitities that magento - and the frustrating thing is - all the info is in our own databases, but no one has bothered to think it might be a good idea to pull it out.

You guys have dropped the ball.  No one from Magento replies to posts on the forums anymore unless its to “promote” some feature on the site and its incredibly frustrating.  If your professional services option is the way to go then fine, just don’t label this an Open Source project.  I’ve had better support and guidance on Javascript tools that guys in their bedrooms have created that I’ve had on this project. 

To make it worse - now we’re being subjected to increasing numbers of users who offering to “split the costs” of bespoke modifications rather than collaborate and organise fixes and patches on their own in the spirit of Open Source.

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski
Magento Team

Total Posts:  73

Hello,

@IrishC. Magento is used successfully by small and large companies all over the world and they are definitely not selling from home. Every company’s reporting needs are different so there is no way we can make everyone satisfied with current reporting features. However, you can quite easily extend Magento to add custom reports or use API to get order data for integration with other software.

Magento team members spent quite a lot of time on forums and support replying to posts. Please note that with such a large community it is impossible to reply to every post there.  Magento IS Open Source due to its license - it is available for free with source code. Support is not included in Open Source definition although we are trying to provide as much as possible with the limited resources that are available.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lisali
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  889
London, UK

I understand open-source. But understand that the community, too, is open-source. We get a free product - but we work for free too - submitting bugs, testing the releases, developing extensions. Is it too much to ask for the developers to be more active on the boards, and not close bug tickets without any explanation?

Please see here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19725/

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

IrishC

Total Posts:  89

piotrekkaminski, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate resources are limited, and I admit I’ve been very outspoken of late on the forums out of frustration (to explain). but I still feel I’ve made valid points.  I get that Varien needs to make money at this and that the support packages are a good incentive to achieve this, however I dont subscribe to the notion that someone else posted on one of my replies recently saying that “people who complain about free stuff are pathetic”. 

Cash generating real-world businesses are turning away from their existing ecommerce solutions in favour of Magento based on the good work you guys have done already and the positive press surrounding the product.  This I assume was your ultimate goal, with the upsell of support packages to a target % of these companies required to sustains yourselves and this business.  I think its a good business model and despite my wrath of late, I do have lots of faith in the product to come good.  The support packages in my opinion offer a great resource for companies who need to modify and extend the base functionality of Magento to achieve more direct and impressive outcomes than can directly be gotten from the base applciation.  They should not be there as an incentive for frustrated adopters trying to actually get “things that should work anyway” to actually work thanks to some preferential treatment as a paying customer.  Thats how I see it.

We are considering taking out a support package as time goes on and we develop the site further, but now we are in a period of discovery and field-testing with your product.  As it stands, the actual base features of Magento, the basic things that should work, are beginning to crack and break in 1.1.6.  This is frustrating.  As a real world business who have gone so far down a line with your product, only to find that a recent upgrade has caused us a setback - this is a big blow. Our store was agonisingly close to launch in 1.1.4, we upgraded to take advantage of some of the new documented features (to overcome some small issues), and a plethora of new bigger ones popped up.  I’ve documented these in other threads, but in a nutshell, the entire ability to “associate” products into bundles, upsells, cross-sells, featured etc etc - has stopped working. 

I really hope the support contracts side of Variens business goes amazingly well.  I hope we are doing amazingly well enough also to afford to benefit from it.  But these nuts and bolts features, the bread-and-butter of your software, should work guys, and I wont listen to the rants of users on here who tell me not to complain “cos its free”.  Support contracts cant be used on us a valid solution or fix for core functionality.

Anyway, to clarify - magento rocks.  I’m very impressed with not only the software, but the manner in which your whole offering is put together.  Apologies for any offence in my rants of late - I expect you understand how frustrating frustration is wink..... but understand that if updates are gonna cause problems instead of fix them, then installing them might seen as playing russian roulette with our store.  I guess I will hold off in future and let early adopters come back with their assessments before I rush in.

Is there a stratagy to hotfix or provide patches/workarounds for version problems in the interim?

C

Magento Community
Magento Community

DGLScripts

Total Posts:  24
Australia

I agree. Instead of making it look better, some proper support is vitally needed on these forums.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 7