Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The Wedding Standard

seoguy

Total Posts:  46

Hey all,

Been playing around with the code and stuff.  Here is my creation:  Wedding Favors I am not moving forward with anything else until magento stable is released (a possibly not until the attributes system is reworked - hopefully!).

EDIT:: 3/27/08 - When I originally posted this website, the cart was a magento install; however, because of the numerous product attributes the products have, and the way magento handles attributes (Having to create multiple products) I decided Magento was not right for this site.  Therefore, what you see is not magento anymore.

BTW, I had the original magento cart looking substantially the same as what is there now.  Magento is a great cart and I plan to use it on other projects.

Chris

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kevbo75217

Total Posts:  8

That is a great look. I am still messng with magento and learning everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

It looks fine.  Im working on something similar.
i think some graphcis will look better.  I dont know, like a drees or something similar…

My store and my future skin will be the same.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

seedaholic

Total Posts:  12

I think the site looks great.  I like the clean and uncluttered look

Magento Community
Magento Community

seoguy

Hi All,

Thanks.

The site is not designed, its just a layout made by changing the code a bit.  It is merely to show what can be done with Magento and not every site has to look like the default skin that comes with the download. As I stated earlier, the way you see it is the way it will stay until the production release is out and the attribute system is overhauled.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi seoguy, your work looks very well!
I don’t know even how to begin doing this, but at least I like to ask you a couple of precise questions:
1) I think you have created an html page to use as home page. Is it right? If it’s right, then you have open an empty html and put there the content blocks? How did you do it? Can you explain it in steps for one block to make an idea?

2) How could you create the left column with all the categories?

3) Wich phtml did you use? 2 columns? The same for all your pages?

Thank you very much for share you knowledge with us!

Andrea

Magento Community
Magento Community

medic

Total Posts:  173
Sydney

I am interested in how you did the category column as well.

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

seoguy

Its just an html menu I created and placed the html code in the minicart sidebar block.

The links go to the CMS pages I created from the backend.

Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

medic

Total Posts:  173
Sydney

Ok cool, I thought that is how I would have to do it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi again… I wonder if you could help me with a newbie question. You have solved it for your template, then I think you know how to do it.
I want to add a table with buttons before the header container. I’ve just done it. BUT to center it I have used <div align="center"> <table.....> </div>. You know, the div block add a space between this table and the header container and I was reading how to remove it but I could not solve this!! I am driving crazy because it is a little problem but i am obsessive with this!!!

Thank you very much
Andrea

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community