Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

advanced product type that gives the customer the ability to customize the final product? 

Joakim Hansen

Total Posts:  20
Denmark

How can I setup a product where the customer can customize the final product by choosing between all the different parts / components

It should be something like a configurable + bundle product

But all these different parts have different colors, images and some parts only match certain other parts.

All this should apply on a single product page (customize your own product) and the customer should be able to read about the different parts and see images of the different parts, however it will not be possible for the customer to buy each single part on its own.

Can any extension do this job for me or can you advise me what to do in this case?

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Joakim Hansen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

Sure, an extension would be fine solution in this case, you can search for some extensions here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joakim Hansen

Total Posts:  20
Denmark

Yeah Magento Connect, I did figure that out, but problem is I can’t find any extension which is even close to do this job?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community