Magento Forum

Newbie - Index Management Issue

Deelee

Total Posts:  2

Hi

I am testing out Magento for the first time, and have install it via cpanel. However when going through the varies tabs, I went to Index Management and get this warning:

One or more of the Indexes are not up to date: Product Attributes, Product Prices, Product Flat Data, Category Flat Data. Click here to go to Index Management and rebuild required indexes.

I click the click here but it does nothing.

Also the index management page has nothing apart from the logo, links and that message.

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks

Dee

PS Many of the other links work either, they just open blank pages

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Deelee

Hi

I am disappointed that after several days still no replies, I was told that Magento had a very active and supportive forum, but if I haven\’t received a reply to my very first question, it is probably not that cart for me, as I’m sure to have quite a few more in the future.

Dee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Deelee

Hi Monty

Thank you for being so kind as to reply smile

The problem I had is basically I knew what to do but it was unable to do it because there was no Red or Green indexes showing under the Index Management tab, so there was nothing for me to select. Also the Click here link in the message you speak of did nothing when I clicked it.

Having installed it via cPanel, I have contacted the server support to see if there is an issue.

If I can manage to get it working I do have a couple more questions, so if you would be kind enough to advise me I would really appreciate it.

How easy is it to customise a theme? I really like this theme (http://themeforest.net/item/dresscode-responsive-magento-theme/full_screen_preview/3296245) but would need to change the colors and photos, is it easily done? I ask because some report it\’s easy to modify a theme and others say it\’s very hard. I have modified WP themes before is it any harder?

Thanks in advance

D

Magento Community
Magento Community

zeeStyl

Total Posts:  4

Dear, have you downloaded this theme, if yes i can guide you in simple steps how to make appropriate changes as per your requirement. Resultantly, I need this theme you have downloaded so far. thanks
Grab me at zeshans87 on skype if we could assist eachother.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community