Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I add 10000 products to a single category? 

ncotrona

Total Posts:  161

I need to create a new category and add 100000 products to this category.  I don’t see that there is a “Select” All option in the category section to add these products to a single category.  Please advise how I can quickly add this quantity of products to a new category.

I can create an import/export, however, an import/export is not an ideal solution.  I am looking for a solution from the admin

Any assistance is much appreciated

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

netleaftech

Total Posts:  16

Thread removed

Magento Community
Magento Community

ncotrona

Total Posts:  161

Thank You

Do you have any instructions how to do this?  I am able to access phpmyadmin, but I am not familiar with how to add the products to the category...via phpmyadmin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

If import/export is not an option for you and you are looking for some simpler way to do it, then I can offer you to assign product to necessary category in 2 click with the application called Store Manager for Magento.
Basically, you can filter out and select the necessary items, right-click and select option \"Assign categories\” and select to which category the products should be assigned.

The application is paid ones, but in case you need to do this once or only a couple of times, there is fully-functional 2-weels version you can download here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community