Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Forcing footer to bottom with a custom theme

melvynanderson

Total Posts:  20

This is giving me a lot of trouble.  On our site (theme was already installed when I started working on it) we have a custom theme installed called fly.  Unfortunately the footer doesn’t stick to the bottom of pages with small amounts of content.  I’ve seen examples about how to do this on a default Magento theme, but our custom theme doesn’t have a Wrapper class.  I’ve tried a few different solutions, but they ended up having the footer on top of our main page content and the background cutting out half way on longer pages.

Can anyone help me out with this, it’s one of the last major design problems I’m having.

My CSS file can be found here:

http://www.melvynanderson.com

http://pastebin.com/P70crNjd

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

The html in this theme doesn’t really lend itself to this sort of functionality. I would either suggest a min-height being set on the content area which will force the footer down even if the content isn’t enough to do it alone. The other option is using jQuery to first get the screen height and then get the document height. If document height < screen height set the document height to match the screen height.

Beyond those two options, I’m not sure you’re going to achieve this with pure CSS without modifying the layout.

Magento Community
Magento Community

melvynanderson

Total Posts:  20

Doing a min-height of 700px on my middle class and that’s fixed it well enough for now.

It is a bummer that I can’t get it to dynamically fit with CSS without retooling the whole theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community