Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation doesnt finish, maybe a loop? 

redlym

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone

My Problem
The installation process does not finish. After waiting for a long time i get the 500 internal server error.
I took a look in the apache error log and found the following error
mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds
Premature end of script headers: index.php

So i doubled the time to 90 seconds but it still doesn finish. This cant be right, i guess.
Im pretty sure i did everything mentioned in the installation guide, i checked the chmod of the folders several times and also used the magento-cleanup.php.

However, the MySQL Tables are being created so if i open the Installation again i get Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘magento_catalog_product_entity’ already exists. After deleting all those Tables i get the old internal server error caused by the timeout again.

I have no clue what the problem could be, it looks like the installation is stuck in a loop or something.

My Server
Root Server
Octacore CPU
16gb Ram

Ubuntu 12.04.2
PHP 5.3.10
MySQL 5.5.29
Magento: Community Edition 1.7.0.2, freshly uploaded, never installed on the Server before

PHP INFO: http://bankmanagergame.de/magento/phpinfo.php

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LandoG

Total Posts:  11

I’m having the exact same problem. Brand new dedicated server, have installed Magento 10s of times on similar VPS machines. I cannot figure this out. The install just randomly stops while populating the database.

Did you ever figure this out?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community